Saturday, August 28, 2010

Advice with Qui-Gon Jinn- First Kiss, Stage Kisses, and Dating

So, I got one question from a friend of mine. I'll keep their name private for erm..privacy reasons.

Question: I haven't had my first kiss or even my first boyfriend! How do I get it? Is there something wrong with me? Guys must not like me!

Yes, I know, this has nothing to do with acting, but I will bring it around to acting and probably Star Wars too.

First of all, NOTHING IS WRONG WITH YOU!
I'm older than you, and I haven't gotten my first kiss. I know someone who's 17 and hasn't gotten their first kiss, but does it really matter?
We live in a world where its appropreiate and encouraged for 11 and 12 year olds to date and kiss. Even 13 and 14, we probably shouldn't be off kissing people.

They say you're a loser if you haven't had your first kiss by, say, the end of middle school? Well, thats not true. Just face it. Its not true.
Whether you've kissed anyone or not, it doesn't change how cool you are or who you are.
I personally think that dating and kissing is wasted on anyone who you couldn't see yourself being with the rest of your life. I've been down that road before, dating a boy that I only dated because I wanted to get the first relationship over with.

The way I see it, I want my first kiss to really be special, even if it is a bad kiss at least on my part since I am a major newb when it comes to kissing. I want it to be like Han and Leia's first kiss, very special to them.
Or or, better example, Ginny and Harry's first kiss, since we could all tell Harry was really bad at it, but it was still special to them.

And I used Han and Leia as an example and not Anakin and Padme. Because Ani and Padme's relationship ended really really badly.

What about stage kissing?
In all honesty, I'm terrified that my first kiss will be a stage kiss. I don't really have to worry about this any time soon, since I'm only 14, I doubt I'll be getting any kissing roles. But later on in life, I'm going to have at least a couple kissy roles.
I guess all i can say for that is, If you don't want to kiss someone on stage, don't even go for the part. If you get the part anyway, suck it up and just do it. It's acting, it doesn't mean anything.

Thats all I have to say on kissing.
Monologue coming up: My Big Fat Greek Wedding.

May the Force be with you!

~Qui-Gon~

2 comments:

No cursing, no bullying, and no trolling~ Please and thank you.